We have expertise in a wide variety of technology areas: AJAX, C/C++, C#, Java, ColdFusion, HTML, XML, .NET, PHP, Perl, Oracle, Solaris, AIX, Linux, VAX/VMS, PDP...
To contact us about software consultancy, email
a l a n AT o b j c o m p . c o m . a u
Objective Computing - About the Name
The modern view of computer programs is that they are composed of a collection of individual units, or objects, that act on each other, as opposed to a traditional view in which a program may be seen as a collection of functions or procedures.
- Composed of or relating to things that occupy space and can be perceived by the senses: concrete, corporeal, material, phenomenal, physical, sensible, substantial, tangible.
- Having verifiable existence: concrete, real, substantial, substantive, tangible. See real/imaginary.
- Free from bias in judgment: equitable, fair, fair-minded, impartial, just, nonpartisan, square, unbiased, unprejudiced. Idioms: fair and square.
- Having or indicating an awareness of things as they really are: down-to-earth, practical, pragmatic, prosaic, realistic.
- What one intends to do or achieve: aim, ambition, design, end, goal, intent, intention, mark, meaning, object, point, purpose, target, view, why. Idioms: end in view, why and wherefore. See planned/unplanned, purpose/purposelessness.